Raise money to put food on someone’s table
It’s no secret that I love food. That’s why I find it pretty horrible that there are people in the world who don’t even have enough to survive, let alone enjoy.
So I am taking part in Blogathon 2006. It’s an event for bloggers around the world to use their blogs to raise money for their favourite charities. I’ve chosen World Vision Australia. I sponsor a little girl in Swaziland through World Vision, who has the incredible name of Nakakela Fortunate. I like to think that I might be helping to put food on her family’s table on the other side of the planet.
What I will be doing
I’ll be staying awake for 24 hours and blogging every 30 minutes from 11pm, July 29. I’m also bugging everyone I know to make a pledge and help support a worthy cause.
What I am asking from you
Sponsor me! I’ll be blogging every 30 minutes for 24 hours. You can sponsor me per hour, or just donate a lump sum.
How to sponsor me
- Go to my blogathon page at http://www.blogathon.org/sponsor.php?blog_id=119
- Create an account (you just need to put in your name, email and a password).
- Make a pledge by indicating how much you would like to sponsor me for.
- After the blogathon has finished, you’ll be sent an email directing you to World Vision’s donation page on the World Vision website.
- Make your donation by credit card over the site.
Many thanks for your support! And feel free to pass this URL on to others.